Monday, October 08, 2007

The haul.

First order of business: knitting. Although I haven't been blogging, I have been knitting. To prove it, here's my progress on Tangled Yoke:


I finished the yoke last night, and am about to start the little collar bit. I finally decreased enough stitches to try it on like a normal sweater, and it fits wonderfully (although the shedding -- oh, the shedding. Only dark shirts beneath this baby, I think). I've also made progress on the Baltic Socks, thanks to two plane rides and a very chatty (although nice) row-mate on the flight home). Thank goodness you can knit and nod your head at the same time.

Also, I thought I'd share the rest of my yarn purchases from Edinburgh. Along with the Araucania, I picked up, oh, just a little tweed:

I told you I like it! Four balls of Rowan Scottish Tweed DK (Ravelry link) (far left) and 12 of Rowan Scottish Tweed 4 ply (Ravelry) -- 8 in peat (center) and 4 in herring (right). The peat is destined for two pairs of socks for my traveling companions, the DK for a hat for one of the traveling companions, and the herring for a lacy scarf for me. I bought the haul at McAree Brothers in Edinburgh, where my traveling companions were very patient (even more so once I told them if they picked out yarn I would make them something). We happened into the store twice; on the second visit the clerk was exceptionally helpful and friendly. We went for the Scottish Tweed 4 ply because of the name, and because we were told it was one of the only yarns in the shop from Scotland.

Also -- I use Google Analytics to track the traffic on my site, entirely for entertainment purposes. How fun is it to discover your blog is read by Swedes and Estonians?! Until now, the keywords that lead to my blog have been entirely understandable -- usually some variation on the names of the projects I've worked on. Today, however, I noticed a change: people have found my blog by searching for "beer kilts" and "the duck has landed." I wonder if they found what they were looking for.

Tonight: sushi. I'll try to take pictures and share the recipe soon -- Amanda did ask for it so long ago!

Most recent podcast: Symphony Space and NPR's Selected Shorts.
Currently listening to: NPR's Morning Edition.
What I should be doing: Knitting. Applying for jobs.

No comments: