Tuesday, October 23, 2007

FO: Joel's Ribbed Hat


Pattern: Jessica of Fig and Plum's Cashmere Ribbed Hat.
Yarn: Rowan Scottish Tweed DK (Ravelry) in 007 Lewis Gray
Needles: 4mm bamboo DPNs.
Mods: None.
For: My friend Joel.
Time: About a week.
Thoughts: My quickest knit yet. Super-easy, but satisfying -- and you get a great looking hat when you're done. I think this will be my go-to hat pattern from now on, and I may have to make one for myself.

The Tangled Yoke is an FO these days as well, but I have yet to get a good photo shoot in to show it off -- I hope to by the end of the week!

Hey, want to see my iPod?


In an effort to stick it to the man (I'm talking about you, Apple), I'm attempting to fix my iPod. My less than two-year-old iPod. The headphone jack is busted, and I can only get the left channel to work. Apple told me they'd charge $150 for the repair, and I might as well buy a new one for $100 more. I told them where they could put their new $250 iPod, bought the $30 part, and went about fixing it myself.

Of course, when I went to put the new jack in, I discovered they'd sent me the wrong size. So until Thursday, when the correct one arrives, my iPod will continue to be in pieces. Yay!

Most recent podcast: Selected Shorts.
Currently listening to: Mel Brook's Blazing Saddles (heehee!).
What I'm reading: Doris Lessing's The Real Thing.

No comments: