- Urchin (by the fabulous Ysolda, whose blog I've been meaning to add to the blog roll).
- Q. I'm a sucker for the geometric.
- Back to basics.
- Even Woodins! They make me put exclamation marks after everything!
2. Addi Turbo circs from Knit/Purl. I love Knit/Purl. Gorgeous yarn beautifully arranged, and friendly people who compliment my $2 Value Village bag satisfyingly.
3. Buttons for Tangled Yoke. The lovely people at Button Emporium and Ribbonry in Portland were fabulous, as was the store. After I picked out a few I liked the saleswoman -- I didn't get her name, but she reminded me of Ina Garten (it was the hair)-- disappeared and came back with the exact. Perfect. Buttons. In the exact color of the sweater. Without even a the tiniest trace of my yarn. On the first try. So I bought two sets of buttons -- the ones she found (left) and the ones I found (right) for the same sweater because they were both so pretty and I couldn't decide.
Now the haircut doesn't seem so bad. But that could be the wine talking.
Speaking of Tangled Yoke, I've attached the sleeves. As one of my housemates said, "Huh. It actually looks like a sweater now." It will not, unfortunately, be finished for the trip to Scotland. It's so close, however, that I feel deluded into thinking that I can finish it by the end of the flight there. I'll keep you posted. Future posts on TY may include "How I should have known better than to use a yarn with any mohair content for a cabled sweater" or "Why deciding to make a sweater in two weeks will undoubtedly cloud your judgment."