Saturday, August 25, 2007

Obsessed.

With Eunny Jang's Tangled Yoke Cardigan from this Fall's Interweave Knits. Absolutely obsessed. I bought the magazine from the store even though I just subscribed (it won't mail until September!); I've stalked it on Ravelry; I dreamed about it last night.

I've been eyeing it for a few weeks, but I think this new found obsession has been brought on by a trip -- to Scotland. In less than a month I'll be flying with TreeHugger boyfriend and friends to Edinburgh for a week. I'm very excited -- it's been so long since I've traveled for vacation, and I do love Scotch, beer, kilts, and Scottish accents. And haggis. Really, I do!

But -- apparently my brain has decided that Tangled Yoke is THE sweater I must have with me on this journey. Urban Aran -- which I had originally planned to finish and bring with -- has been slighted by my mind as being too bulky for travel. So on Tuesday, once I'm back in southern Washington (more on that), I'll head to Unraveled in Vancouver to pick up the necessities and get to work. Then all that's left to do is knit a sweater in three weeks.

Right now TH boyfriend and I are in Seattle, staying with family. We're in town to see Young Frankenstein, in previews before heading to NY. Hilarious -- definitely some work to be done, but hilarious. It makes the bits of me that miss my home and my youth as a Broadway brat feel a little bit better.

For now, I'll leave you with a picture from West Seattle. Blurry, but emotive. It's good to be home.

No comments: