Thursday, July 26, 2007

"I do like knitting patterns." A. P. W. B. Dumbledore.

I've done little knitting because, of course, my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows finally arrived on Monday. I'm trying to draw it out -- usually I read them through in about 24 hours, but I wanted to really savor this one, since it's the last. Speaking of Harry Potter, I saw Order of the Phoenix the other day, and got all excited about one of Hermione's sweaters. This one, in fact.

Picture edited from MuggleNet.

Pretty simple. I'm not sure yet if I'll knit it, but it piqued my interest. Although I love to see the amazing products inspired by the HP movies that so many imaginative knitters have created, I hadn't yet been inspired to knit one until this one (and the one below -- gorgeous). I think I like this one because it's subtle Harry Potter fan wear -- Gryffindor colors, worn by my favorite character, in a style I'd normally wear. Maybe use my first EZ "pattern" -- I think I'll skip the hood, though.

Picture edited from MuggleNet.

(By the way, Nicomara is working on this sweater, and the charted pattern is available on Ravelry.)

It was actually the first time I watched an HP movie and noticed all of the crazy knitting in it. Ginny had a great vest in one of the final scenes (about which all I can remember is that it looked like a great vest). I'll have to watch the movie in slow motion when it comes out on DVD.

Most recent podcast: Quirky Nomads.
Currently listening to: NPR's Radio Lab.
What I should be doing: Finishing my job applications.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I was looking around on Google for a picture of that great vest Ginny wore, but no luck so far. I also loved the twins crazy long stripy scarves, I'll have to look for pictures of them now. Thanks for the Ravelry link (my new site obsession).

Have a great time in Scotland! My hubby and I just started watching a BBC Scotland show called 'Monarch of the Glen' and we're itching to visit Scotland.

PVK said...

Prajakta - Hi Thats my favorite patter. I was looking for that pattern links but its not working. Can you please post it again?